To join the Restaurant Meals Program, restaurants must sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of San Francisco and be certified by the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) program.
Steps to Enrollment
1. Complete this form and press submit.
Call us at (415) 558-4153 for help beginning the application process.
2. You will be contacted after we've reviewed your application and checked your restaurant's menu, location and public health rating. If your business appears to be a qualified candidate for the Restaurant Meals Program, we will send you a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and an application for certification from the USDA.
3. Sign the MOU and application for certification. Click here to see the current federal application (FNS-252-2 Meal Service).
4. Mail in your complete and signed MOU and Application Form, along with a copy of your restaurant's Business License, Seller's Permit from the Board of Equalization and the owner's CA ID/DL and Social Security Card and Certificate of Liability Insurance to:
Restaurant Meal Program
1235 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
5. Wait (a maximum of 45 days) for approval from the Federal office.
6. Once you have been approved, we will contact you, issue your FNS number, provide you with a "point of service" device to accept the cards, and provide a brief training.
7. Post a sign indicating your participation in the Restaurant Meals Program!
8. Start receiving CalFresh dollars on Golden State Advantage Debit Cards as payments for your meals.